Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Time! Weeks 5 & 6

Where is the time going? I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've posted anything. My only excuse is the weather has been awesome, Stacey was out of town for a week, and we've been doing swim lessons. So let me see if I can remember what we've been up to:

Home Ec
The kids are still putting away their own clothes but the problem seems to be with their mom actually running the laundry and folding the clothes. I have been so out of whack lately. I feel like everyting has taken a back seat but I'm not sure what's in the front seat. I did receive my Managers of Their Chores book and chore pack kit so I have been spending a lot of time putting that together. Meanwhile the kids are just helping out here and there.


Fun
Swim lessons and playing at the park. But mostly just swim lessons. By the time lessons are over, it is usually too hot to be out. But then by early evening we try to get out in the yard and run around a bit. The kids have been running around in the garden with Stacey. I like to think they're helping and learning something but I think they're just playing in the dirt. And that's fine too. 

This past Sunday, our friends who live down the street but we hardly ever see, invited us over for an impromptu BBQ. And I am so glad we were able to go. It was great to catch up and let the kids play and just relax for an evening. Actually, the wife in this couple, Laura, is my running buddy so we see each other quite often but that has been a recent development. Just our two families had not gotten together in, gosh, probably a couple of years.We had some great food and I had a couple of glasses of wine. Stacey had just returned from DC on Saturday morning and we had both been rather snippy the whole weekend. So getting out of the house and back in the company of our pals was a great way to recharge and put our snippiness aside. 

Projects
My husband helped me clean under our refrigerator, which has been on my list for months. It actually only took like 10 minutes. I don't know why I kept putting that off.

Mom's World
I have been feeling so stressed lately. I know why and I know what I need to do but I have a hard time being disciplined enough to do it. I am not getting enough sleep so I am feeling lazy during the day. And then I don't feel motivated to get anything done around the house so the house is messy and cluttered. The kids are getting into things that are left out, I get frustrated with the mess and the kids getting into things, and then my head explodes. Mostly, I have been up late planning for the upcoming year or planning Shannon's birthday party or planning for the next couple of weeks of summer. Also, Stacey was out of town for a week and things have just been off. Also, our weekends have been pretty packed lately so I feel like I need to use my nights to do things I didn't get done on the weekend. I haven't been keeping up with my own personal daily schedule either so that is throwing me off. It's so funny that I need structure to feel relaxed and at peace. You would think it would be the opposite.

The good news is, this week has been going well and very productive so stay tuned for Week 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails