Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Camp Mom 2010

A couple of weeks ago, I started planning a week of awesome outdoor activities for the kids and I to do together and I lovingly named this week Camp Mom. It would give us an opportunity to explore some places we don't normally explore in the Spokane area. We have visited many of the places before but this time around, I am giving us a lot of time for exploring and we're packing a lunch so we can have picnics everyday and not have to leave in search of food. And we can do it all for a fraction of what it would cost to send the kids to a day camp. Besides, why should they get to have all the fun?

Preparations and Materials


  • T-shirts: I designed and ordered some Camp Mom shirts from Custom Ink. I know, I know. This is not an essential item but I knew the kids would get a kick out of them. 
  • Places to go: I picked a few places to go that would keep us outdoors and having fun. After choosing the places, I also checked out some books so we could learn more about the things we would see.
  • Backpacks and insulated lunch bags: I got these from Old Navy on sale for a great price. In each bag, I packed a change of clothes, swim suit, and towel. I also packed some drawing paper, crayons, and pencils for any impromptu art projects. And the library books we checked out. And, of course, a healthy lunch and plenty of water.
  • Picnic Blanket
  • Camera (I'm using my new iPhone 4; it takes awesome pics)
And that's it. Now we're ready for Camp Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails