Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Time! Week 4: Family Fun

Ahhhh! Where is the time going?! We're already halfway through week 5 of summer. I don't think I really know what went on last week. I'll try to remember though. Stacey's sister, Steffany, and her husband, Jake, and their daughter, Amberly arrived so we had a lot of family stuff going on. Steffany and Amberly will be living with one of Stacey's other sisters, Shala, for the year while Jake is overseas. Since Jake was only in town for about 10 days, we wanted to all spend some time together.

On Monday, during the day, the kids and I went out to Shala's to spend time with the kids and hang out for a couple of hours. We got to see the new addition and go swimming in the new pool.

On Wednesday night, the kids went to the sitter's house and Stacey and I went to Shala's daughter, Shelby's, dance recital. Oh. My. Goodness. That girl sure has turned into a woman over the last couple of years. She is a phenomenal dancer. She was in two different numbers: a hip hop routine and a lyrical routine. She is just so graceful, animated, and confident. While most kids were just kinda doing the steps, she was performing. This was the first year we were able to make it to one of her recitals and I am so grateful we were able to go.

On thursday evening, we had photos taken of Stacey's entire family: his mom and dad, his three sisters and their families, and our family. 10 adults and 11 kids. We had never done this before so we weren't sure what to expect from the kids. It turned out to be a great day. We had them taken at the Finch Aboredum. There was a lot of open space and the kids were able to run off when it wasn't their turn to be in a picture and they were quick to return when we needed them. It was so great to capture this moment in time with the whole crew.  I will post a lot of the family professional photos in another post but I will share some of the candids that I took with my phone.








 Shala and her daughter's, Madi & Shelby
 
 I loved seeing all the white shirts, running across the field in the distance

 Shannon and Chloe got all lovey during the grand-kids picture

Other than that, not a whole lot got accomplished. I only ran one night. No formal learning. No projects. I barely got anything cleaned around here. But we had a great time and got to spend invaluable time with our family. And what I didn't get done last week, can be done this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails