Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Success!

I mentioned in a few notebooks past that Shannon was struggling with his reading lessons. I decided to keep plugging along but I told myself that as soon as he starts to get frustrated I would just say, "Hey, I think we've done enough. Great job!" and move on. But as soon as I would say that, he would calm down and want to keep going. So after about a week of that, things just started clicking. It is so amazing. He is just reading up a little storm over here. What's interesting is that Chloe, who was quite a bit more comfortable with reading single words than Shannon was, has now fallen a bit behind as she seems to get confused when reading words together in a sentence. Which is totally fine considering she is only three years old! I didn't expect her to learn more then just the letters and maybe some sounds this year.

It is so incredible what shifts can take place in just a matter of weeks. I feel so blessed to be the one who gets to facilitate their learning. If I can remember to get a video of Shannon reading, I will post one. I am the worst at taking pictures. I like to think it is because I am so busy living the moments that I forget to stop and take pictures. Yes . . . that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails