Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Notebook: Week 1

We started our school year last monday and I must say . . . it is going rather well. I am super impressed with the workbox system and the chore packs I put together. Our home has never been cleaner and school has never run this smooth. I realize we are only a week in but I have always been an optimist.

I plan on writing a post dedicated to the workbox system and the chore pack system so I won't go into that right now. I'll just scribble down what we covered this week.

Shannon
Language Arts
   Spelling Workout Lesson 1
   100 Easy Lessons 51 - 54
   Handwriting Without Tears: review of capital letters
   Writing With Ease
   First Language Lessons 1 - 3
Math
   MCP Lessons 2-4, 2-6, 2-7, 2-8

Science
   First Animal Encyclopedia - characteristics of animals

History
   Story of the World: Intro and Chapter 1
   Map Activity of the Fertile Crescent

Religion
   Catechism: Chapters 1 & 2

Other
Lots of reading at bedtime. Shannon has insisted on reading the words that he can sound out. And Chloe chimes in as well. We also read some books about archeology.


Chloe
Language Arts
   Handwriting Without Tears
   Hooked on Phonics Readers
   Phonics Centers

Math
   MCP worksheets

Religion
   Catechism: Chapters 1 & 2
   Book of Saints


I made schultutes to celebrate our first day of school. I stuffed them with some school supplies
and a couple of books. I didn't make them very fancy but the kids loved them just the same.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails