Monday, August 30, 2010

Kid down!

On Wednesday night of last week, our little Chloe put herself to bed early and then woke up Thursday morning only to put herself back down for a nap after breakfast. I checked on her mid-morning and found she had a fever of 104! I put my shaking little girl in the bathtub and offered her some Tylenol. She got into some fresh jammies and went back to bed. And this is what she did for the next 48 hours. Her temperature went up and down between 100 and 103. Sometimes she would get out of bed to join us but soon become too tired and go right back to sleep. We sure missed her. Our dynamic just isn't the same without her.


Finally, on Saturday morning, she sprang back to life. Her temperature was down to 99 and she was eating breakfast and feeling good. Until around 11am when I heard her scream from the bathroom. I ran in to ask what the trouble was and she cried "My pee hurts!!!" and we were off to the walk in clinic for a quick bladder infection diagnosis and a stop at the pharmacy. I feel so terrible for her. Even with the antibiotics and loads of cranberry juice, she couldn't use the bathroom pain free until this evening. I'm looking forward to having us all together again tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. HEy guys! Cereal says she hopes chloe is okay and wants to see her and your other kids really soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails