Thursday, April 29, 2010

My son . . .

Yesterday, the cord to my MacBook was yanked out and when that happens, because my charger is kinda broken, it takes me forever to get it put back in just right so that it will charge again. I was getting frustrated with it, probably making all sorts of annoyed noises, and Shannon says to me, "I hope it starts to charge.  If it doesn't, it will be a mollerseat". I asked, "A what?" and he repeated, "A mollarseat". And I had to ask once again what he was saying. I hate it when this happens because sometimes Shannon will get really frustrated that I don't know what he's saying.

Finally he says, "You know, like if the house was on fire it would be a mollarseat".
"Ohhhhhhh, an emergency."
"Yah,  a mollerseat"

I was (and still am) so impressed that instead of getting frustrated he just thought of a different way to explain it to me. He used to just keep repeating the word over and over and OVER and OVER. Getting louder and louder and more frustrated until he exploded. I could not stop telling him how proud of him I was and then we spent a few minutes practicing the correct pronunciation of the word "e-mer-gen-cy".

-sigh- I just love that little man.

Oh, and it is kind of funny that he thought my computer not charging would be an emergency. Hmmmm, I think he just knows his mom very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails