Saturday, April 10, 2010

An early riser experiment

I posted last thursday about how my current waking and going to bed schedule was not conducive to being joyful and productive. So I began an experiment this past Monday. I woke up at 5am, every morning. I thought it would be interesting to see how I felt and to see what the heck goes on around here at 5am. It turns out my husband gets up and goes running and then comes home and does push ups and sit ups on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. No kidding? So that's what he's been up to. First thing in the morning, I would go down to the office and get some nice quiet prayer time in. Then I would take a shower and grab a cup of coffee. Then I would spend any extra time before kids awake, reading, surfing the internet, or completing any administrative tasks that needed to be done. Bill paying and whatnot.

I didn't feel tired in the afternnon, I wasn't dragging throughout the day. I was surprised at how great I felt and how productive I was. I plan to simply get up early again next week and then after that incorporate some sort of workout routine in the morning as well. Baby steps.

The only day that failed was wednesday because Athena woke up at like 5:15 and I didn't get her back down until 6:30 and by then Shannon was awake and everything was thrown off. I ended up snapping at Shannon almost first thing because I felt bumbarded with requests first thing in the morning. I guess I'm not perfect. Dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails