Friday, February 26, 2010

Notebook: Week of 2/22/10

Week 20

Teach Your Child to Read: Lessons 25-28
Shannon really struggled these last two lessons. We'll see how it goes this week but I may slow the lessons down to half a lesson a day. He can sound out all the sounds in a word but then can't process what he said. I think his sensory integration issues are getting in the way. With some time and practice I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Chloe is getting the concepts pretty easily. She opens the lessons book up and reads from it on her own all the time. Here's a video of her being awesome.




Poetry
We're working on Bed in Summer by Robert Louis Stevenson. Shannon and Chloe have both memorized The first Stanza and half of the second

Handwriting
Letters I, T, J, and D
Shannon works pretty quickly through these without complaint. We've come such a long way.

Chloe traces the letter the best she can ans then scribbles all over the paper. I still can't figure out if she's right or left handed.

Math
MCP Worksheets: Chapter 6, Numbers 1-20
Shannon speeds through these without any help. He's picked up on counting mixed coins pretty quickly too. Chloe was doing awesome until we got to number 14 or 15. She gets some of the numbers confused. But she just does what she can and then scribbles on the paper.

Religion
Read a couple pages out of God's Love Story
Who Am I? Lesson 11: Jesus is God the Son
Did a few craft projects, made a little bible so the kids cold draw their favorite bible story. Shannon drew a picture of baby Jesus. He pretty much loves anything having to do with Christmas. He asked me to draw the angels singing so I did my best.

Chloe drew a heart because she loves Jesus. Awwwwwww. She wanted me to help her color it but wouldn't let me color red. She wanted it black. Who am I to tell the artist what color the heart should be?

Other stuff
Occupational Therapy
Went to the park
Gymnastics (finally back after missing two weeks due to sick kids)
Stacey has started reading seed catalogs with the kid at night so they can pick out what they want to attempt to grow in the garden this year. Stacey is in charge of this project. I'm staying out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails